martes, 24 de mayo de 2011

I remember a photo in Quasimodo...

This is my favorite photo. I took it and this is a too self-referential but really is my favorite photo :P
In my class of Photographic in the university, we were a job about a visual reportage and I choose to do about the faith. So, I have a opportunity to assist of celebration  of Quasimodo in a church next to my home.

There was many people help at other person for receive the Blessed Sacrament. It was a very happy holiday, with decorated bikes and people singing and walking through the streets of my neighborhood, but that was not what caught my attention.

I wanted to show in my photographs the closeness between these people and a divine presence. I wanted to know the reaction of the sick or elderly to receive a religious community. I wanted to reflect why it is celebrated every year with much success in Chile.

The woman that is in the photo was very sick but we were welcomed with happiness and emotion. In this moment  I took the picture and I could feel the gratitude of her. The men that is in the photo is the deacon of my church. In the picture is centered on the old woman's face.

I like this photo because I think that was my best photo for this job (in fact is in the centre of the collage) but maybe this is not very important. Mostly I like this picture because I believe that faith can to be the engine of a person's life. Capture the exact moment where this occurs is a blessing. I would be consistent as the old woman and believe blindly in God and that he is with me as she is with he now.

But… you think I can to reflect I wanted in the picture? I hope your answers!

1 comentario:

  1. I like your photograph, it is really beautiful and expressive. Now, Iam doing my report. :D I hope to take great pictures like yours :D

    ResponderEliminar

Introduction

This is a blog of my english class. :D Enjoy it!